Friday, October 9, 2009

The Journey Continues

My trip to Europe has changed me forever and there is a certain sadness knowing that it is going to be many years before I can return. However, this trip has opened my eyes, it has taught me to appreciate what is in front of you. We all too often take our surrounds for granted.

I live in a beautiful part of the world and there is still so much to discover right on my door step. Live today, be present. Sometimes we are always looking ahead and other times behind us. To what has happened let us live and learn, for what is to come lets wait, for now let us enjoy. Know that this moment may pass us by if we live for tomorrow or yesterday..
Back at home there is a beautiful church that I have admired and wanted to look at but have never made the time to do so. Well I have made the time and was impressed by it's simple beauty. It has a calming influence, the grounds (even the graveyard) are beautiful. Big old trees with seats ringing the trunks, the church itself is a lovely sandstone structure, gorgeous gardens that line the fence and a nurturing, calming feel. I come here to have time out sometimes and at other times to calm down! It is soothing and comforting and it is right here on my doorstep..


The gorgeous magnolias in bloom around the gardens

I loved the sandstone walls covered in vines

No comments:

Post a Comment